Learn how to correctly write a summary in English
About this course
This online course is going to teach you how to correctly write an objective summary of a written work in English.
Through these practical lessons you’ll discover everything you need to know in order to successfully write a summary. You will:
- practise following instructions in English
- develop your vocabulary skills (in particular using synonyms and rephrasing)
- strengthen your writing skills (in particular: approach, planning, style, language)
- improve your reading skills (in particular identifying key points & demonstrating comprehension)
- enhance your reporting skills
- produce a final writing task
What you will learn:
- key vocabulary around this topic
- reasons for summarising
- the style and language to use for this writing form
- a step-by-step approach to enable you to successfully write a summary
What is the final assignment?
You will choose between 4 options and write a summary following the steps you have learned. Once you finish your task, send it to us. Your writing will be corrected and you’ll be be given feedback on your work.
Who is this course for?
This course is for you if
- you have an upper intermediate or advanced level of English (B2-C1)
- you are interested in developing your writing, reading and vocabulary skills
- you think this skill can help you at work or in an academic context
- you want to work on this at your own pace, have access to the teacher to ask questions, receive feedback & corrections on your written work