Develop your advanced English vocabulary by learning to use prefixes.
- Are you fed up of always using the same words when you speak in English?
- Do you want to be more proficient and sound more like a native speaker of English?
Using PREFIXES is an effective and easy way of adding more words to your vocabulary knowledge.
With this lesson pack, you’ll dive deeper and put all this passive knowledge into active practice
In the pack you get:
- 8 interactive tasks, including a speaking task
- A final activation task
- A bonus tip & downloadable word list
Once you finish this pack, you’ll most definitely be a prefix master!
LEVEL: Strong Intermediate, Upper Intermediate, Advanced (B1/B2, B2 & C1)
PRIMARY SKILLS: Advanced English Vocabulary
SECONDARY SKILLS: Comprehension, Writing, Speaking
ESTIMATED TIME OF COMPLETION: 10-30 mins depending on pace and level
Imagine being able to say,
“I’ve completely outgrown my childhood friends.” instead of “I don’t see my childhood friends because I feel I have different interests and we don’t have much in common anymore.”
“The current CEO is far from being a disinterested observer.” instead of “The current CEO is obviously not an impartial and neutral observer.”
Cool, right?! Let’s go!
What are practice packs and how will they help you?
Our Practice Packs are unique because they give our students REAL practice using new words! Not just boring passive learning!
Let’s put it this way, if you watch videos about fitness, but don’t actually do the exercises, you are not going to magically get fit and have abs to die for, right? Right! You have to put in the hours at the gym if you want those results.
Learning a language works in exactly the same way. There are hundreds of English teaching videos on the web, and even if they may be useful, they are unlikely to help you learn words. They stop at the input part.
This is where our Practice Packs are unique! There are three steps to learning something by heart: input, practice, activate. In other words, learn, exercise, use. And this is what our Practice Packs help you do.
- You’ll start with the lesson on our blog (this is the input phase)
- Then you’ll start the interactive quizzes in the Practice Pack. Some of these will be passive and some will be active (practice & activate stage)
- Finally, you’ll have a final task to complete (this is the final activation stage) by which point you will have started to learn these new words by heart.
You can revisit the practice pack at any time, constantly training your brain to learn and retain new vocabulary.
Pretty awesome, right? Let’s get going!
The quizzes work best with Google Chrome and you will need a microphone for the speaking task.