Business English Effective Communication
Course programme and catalogue
Course Details Index
- On demand online business English course with teacher guidance and feedback
- Flexibility: you can access the material whenever it suits you. You don’t have to attend at scheduled times which means that wherever you are in the world the time difference is never an issue
- 10 courses complete the programme
- You can buy single courses, a collection or access to all 10 courses
Upper intermediate, advanced (B2, C1)
Inside this business English course you’ll find a variety of didactic* and authentic** resources;
- pre-recorded English Digital Academy tutorials
- YouTube videos
- podcasts & audio
- newspapers/online articles
- TED talks, BBC & other
- interactive quizzes
- discussion forums
- downloadable guides & e-books.
Using this kind of content to teach the English language makes the learning process more engaging, imaginative and motivating for you. It can also be useful to elicit genuine responses from you.
*Didactic means material specifically produced for language learning
**Authentic means any material produced in English that was not created for intentional use in the English language classroom. It is taken from real life/work situations.
You’ll do tasks throughout the course which focus on vocabulary building and strengthening your fluency: comprehension, writing, speaking and reading.
Furthermore, you will use our forums as a place to practise what you are learning, chat, discuss topics, share ideas and learn from your peers all over the world: think of the forums as our online place to hold conversations.
This is also where you will find guidance, detailed corrections and support from Kerin.
Business English Course Outcomes
The focus of this course is on perfecting specific skills and developing a comprehensive vocabulary in order to move towards English proficiency.
What you will achieve:
Personal feedback from your teacher
What our students love most about this course is the feeling of having a real teacher who cares about them.
You will have input and feedback from Kerin throughout the course and you can ask her questions any time through the messaging system in the platform.
The Activation Project
At the end of each course, you’ll find the activation project. The activation project is one of things that makes EDA unique. Often in traditional courses this part is forgotten about. But we would argue it’s the most important stage!
It is your opportunity to put everything you learn into practice, in a context that is real, meaningful and relevant to you.
The tasks will differ from course to course depending on the topic. They will include speaking, writing, reading, listening and/or vocabulary development.
You can choose to do as many as you like and you’ll receive personalised feedback and corrections in written or audio form: the more effort you put into it, the more get out of it!
Each course includes a progress test. This is a check-up step and it helps you verify your understanding and identify areas you need to review.
When you pass the test, you get a certificate.
All Effective Communication Courses
10 English courses to choose from
- Business English Masterclass: learn to use polite & diplomatic English €47
Choosing the right tone and expressions when you email and when you speak in English is not always easy, especially when it effects the way you do your job. Learn everything you need to know about polite and diplomatic English.
- Business English Masterclass: manage conversation in stressful situations €47
Learn how to have successful conversations in stressful situations … even when you don’t understand the English!
- Build a sophisticated vocabulary & polish up your summarising skills €47
Develop a sophisticated vocabulary, practise using your own words to express an original idea and learn the secrets to writing an effective summary in English
- Present yourself confidently and professionally in business contexts €39
Talk confidently about your company’s profile and your role so that you can easily take the first step in making connections and building relationships with others
- Master essential language to run successful online meetings €39
Learn essential phrases and words in English to help you deal with unexpected situations that can occur when you have meetings online
- Communicate effectively in meetings: reporting back €39
Learn how to communicate effectively during meetings and conversations, in particular when you have to report back information or research
- Improve comprehension of native speakers: learn regional accents & study natural speech. €47
Take your English up a gear by improving your comprehension of native speakers and developing your pronunciation
- Skill up your understanding of both British English & American English €47
Take your English up a level by learning the fundamental differences between British English & American English!
- Deepen comprehension of native speakers: fast speech & the finer details €47
improve your ability to understand fast speech when native English speakers are talking. Go beyond only understanding the general meaning and be able to catch the finer details when people speak
- Get confident with British slang and colloquial expressions €47
Boost your English speaking and comprehension and get the hang of high frequency slang terms and colloquial language commonly used in the UK
The time you spend each course will vary, depending on your individual goals, pace, starting level and what’s going on in your life that month!
As a minimum, you are expected to dedicate 3 hours to the tasks in each course. This is sufficient if your goal is to maintain your level and cultivate your English knowledge.
For those of you who want to work towards significant improvement, we suggest 5-12 hours per course.
Please note: this course is NOT for you if:
Which option is best for you?
39€ or 47€
Save 20% when you buy a collection
Collection 1SAVE 20%
- Master the essential language to run successful online meetings
- Business English Masterclass: manage conversation in stressful situations
- Present yourself confidently and professionally in business contexts
Collection 2SAVE 20%
- Business English Masterclass: learn to use polite & diplomatic English
- Build a sophisticated vocabulary & polish up your summarising skills
- Communicate effectively in meetings: reporting back
Collection 3SAVE 20%
- Improve comprehension of native speakers: learn regional accents & study natural speech.
- Skill up your understanding of both British English & American English
- Deepen comprehension of native speakers: fast speech & the finer details
- Get confident with British slang and colloquial expressions
Save 40% when you buy the complete collection
Effective Communication All Access
Immediate access to all 10 courses in the programme.