This course is SOLD OUT
Course starts Thursday September 16th
PLEASE NOTE CURRENT EDA STUDENTS: YOU DO NOT NEED TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION PROCESS! Please send Kerin an email if you wish to enrol on this course
- 19.00 CET (Rome, Madrid, Berlin, Kraków, Paris)
- 18.00 (Ireland, UK)
- 20.00 (Greece, Ukraine, Turkey, Moscow)
- 14.00 ( Argentina, Brazil)
- 11.00 (Costa Rica)
LEVEL: advanced, proficient C1 / C2
CLASS SIZE: Max. 5 students
What you will achieve
- read and ENJOY reading a whole book in English!
- develop your fluency & conversational strategies and connect with others
- practise expressive pronunciation to sound more fluent and natural
- polish up your English through summarising and paraphrasing
- develop and extend areas of high level vocabulary
- develop recognition of important structures
- gain a deeper understanding of cultural issues
- apply reading strategies to have a meaningful conversation about the book
About the Book!
The Blackhouse is the first of a trilogy written by Peter May which won The Barry Award in 2013.
We will travel to the wild northern region of the Isle of Lewis, in the Outer Hebrides in Scotland: a land of harsh beauty and inhabitants of deep-rooted faith.
Detective Inspector Fin Macleod is sent from Edinburgh to investigate. For Lewis-born Macleod, the case represents a journey both home and into his past.
Something lurks within the close-knit island community. Something sinister.
As Fin investigates, old skeletons begin to surface, and soon he, the hunter, becomes the hunted.
… Let’s go!